Tensile strength is 70,000 PSI. Polarity is DCEP reverse polarity. Required shielding gas is argon/CO2 mix. Wire diameter is 0.030 in. (0.8 mm). The weight is 10 lbs. (4.54 Kg). MIG wire has a classification of ER70S-6. The (ER) stands for electrode or rod. The (70) means tensile strength, 70,000 PSI. (S) Stands for solid wire and the (-3) or (-6) is the chemical composition and shielding gas required. Forney wire is classified as a -6 wire. This makes it easier to use on less than clean material that may have some rust or dirt. Claims for warranty must be made within 90 days of the date of purchase. Proof of purchase required.
- All position copper coated welding wire containing a high level of manganese and silicon to produce welds on dirty or rusty steel
- High silicon content provides fluidity of the weld puddle providing smoother bead appearance and minimizing post weld grinding
- Superior wire surface finish for best feed ability and arc performance, increased manganese and silicon provide excellent cleaning action
- Butt and fillet welding of carbon steel sheet and plate in industrial, farm, construction and automotive equipment applications
- Requires CO2 or argon/CO2 shielding gas (not included)
There are no reviews yet.